I'm looking for recommendations of ATX / Mid-ATX PC cases that enable vertical GPU mounting with a side panel that allows for airflow without any sort of case modification.
Here is the why:
My PC is currently is on it's last legs and I've narrowed it it down to the GPU actually pulling off the PCI-Express slot out off the motherboard.
It's far too heavy for the PCI-E slot as the only support for the weight is the i/o shield attached to the case. The card facing the drive cages is slightly at an angle and is getting worse over time.
Two days ago I have instance that reminded me of a GPU failure that I've come across when ATI made GPU's (AGP days, pre-pci-express) where all the graphical assets became all multicoloured and fuzzy.
Secondly, it cannot over clock reliably any more even at stable clocks that I know are stable - the default clock for my card - XFX RX480 GTR Black Edition (8Gig) is 1338 Mhz. I've been able to over clock it to 1450 Mhz (Asic Value of 74.4%) and it was stable. It no longer is able to maintain 1400mhz as the PC crashes.
As the card is fairly heavy, I need a case that support's vertical mounting. I've seen a fair amount however they are poorly designed for vertical mounting as the side panel is either tempered glass or perspex. Thus stuck with poor air flow unless I modify the case... which defeats the purpose of buying a expensive case imo.
So any recommendations?
Here is the why:
My PC is currently is on it's last legs and I've narrowed it it down to the GPU actually pulling off the PCI-Express slot out off the motherboard.
It's far too heavy for the PCI-E slot as the only support for the weight is the i/o shield attached to the case. The card facing the drive cages is slightly at an angle and is getting worse over time.
Two days ago I have instance that reminded me of a GPU failure that I've come across when ATI made GPU's (AGP days, pre-pci-express) where all the graphical assets became all multicoloured and fuzzy.
Secondly, it cannot over clock reliably any more even at stable clocks that I know are stable - the default clock for my card - XFX RX480 GTR Black Edition (8Gig) is 1338 Mhz. I've been able to over clock it to 1450 Mhz (Asic Value of 74.4%) and it was stable. It no longer is able to maintain 1400mhz as the PC crashes.
As the card is fairly heavy, I need a case that support's vertical mounting. I've seen a fair amount however they are poorly designed for vertical mounting as the side panel is either tempered glass or perspex. Thus stuck with poor air flow unless I modify the case... which defeats the purpose of buying a expensive case imo.
So any recommendations?
from Windows Central Forums https://ift.tt/2SKHdbS
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment