Thursday, October 4, 2018

Windows 10 Update 1809 Issue

Ok, I want to start this post saying I am heated but trying not to let it get to me as to make an informative and purposeful post.

This evening I updated to Windows version 1809. I had heard from a friend that they added a night theme and a couple other features i was excited about. I finished the update and restarted my PC. Upon arriving at the desktop i quickly realized that several files and programs were missing. I grabbed a cold beer in anticipation of the rage to follow. Programs like Spotify and Discord were gone (no big deal, re downloaded) but i also found that all of my Rainmeter skins and files were COMPLETELY gone, along with EVERYTHING FROM PICTURES AND DOCUMENTS. The pictures and skins i have mostly been able to find and download again, however, I had several school papers i was working on that are gone. I also lost some very sentimental documents. This is unacceptable! I made sure my drives were set up right to make sure this wasn't my error for some reason. Microsoft, if your update has some issues and is not ready to be launched, YOU NEED TO ******* FIX THAT, this is unacceptable and could (if not already) result in some serious problems for other users. INSTALL THIS UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK BUT I WOULD RECOMMEND AVOIDING IT FOR NOW.


from Windows Central Forums https://ift.tt/2ODu1qA
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment