Monday, August 8, 2016

Windows 10 AU Fonts issue (NexusFont, Suitcase Fusion etc..)

Have had a nightmare with the AU so far :(

I've always used NexusFont for managing my fonts, allows me to quickly load fonts into memory (I have a library of about 1400, I'm a graphic designer) and go about my work without worrying.

Something must have changed under the hood because since the AU, NexusFont takes forever to scan (used to be 30 seconds now 5 minutes+) and when the fonts are loaded into memory, I get system instability.

Edge crashes, system & web fonts are sometimes missing/replaced and edge, Cortana, the Start Menu etc can often crash. I put it down to upgrade woes, so reformatted over the weekend, clean installed from the media creation tool. Same issue. Have tried the Suitcase Fusion trial as an alternative. Same issue.

Awaiting feedback from the developers but no reply or solution as yet, Microsoft support simply refers me back to them, but same problem on two completely different software packages?

If in this small chance that anyone comes across the same problem, or any possible further solutions please don't hesitate to let me know! Hoping patch Tuesday could automatically fix, but not holding out any hopes. :(


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2b2O9zU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment