Saturday, October 8, 2016

Loosing the faith

I'm still somewhat committed to Microsoft's vision of the future for mobile computing. But I am loosing my faith in the current iteration. Too many small things that just don't work right. Like a USA sim card that works perfectly in my wife's iPhone and erratically at best in my Lumia 930. (I'm from Canada and use the sim when visiting in the US.) And there are too many apps and gadgets that only work with iOS or Android. (I don't need 500,000 apps, but I could sure use the 50 that connect with the specific services I want to use. Where is MS in the smart home market? And don't get me going about easy access of TV programming.) The last straw was the recent upgrades to outlook.com that actually broke what had been working for years - syncing mail with my GoDaddy POP3 account. That was the reason I started using outlook.com in the first place! Without access to email on my phone, I'm not sure what to do now.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2eeVJs9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment