Thursday, February 21, 2019

Computer not appearing in Network, but is accessible

I am running windows 10 Home version 1803 (OS build 17134.590) on my desktop computer.

From my desktop I can see the laptops in the house that are connected to the network. However, from the laptops I cannot see the desktop computer. Should I specifically give the host name for the Desktop to the laptop it will connect to it, but always requires me to enter the username and password for the admin account on the desktop.

Previously with the homegroup functionality I could access (read/write) all the files on any computer in the house from any computer in the house, but no longer.

What settings do I need to check to make my desktop visible on the network and remove the necessity to continually enter the username and password every time I want to connect to the desktop?

Thanks


from Windows Central Forums https://ift.tt/2NixZSw
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment