Friday, February 1, 2019

Considering “upgrading” from iPad Pro 10.5 to surface go. Have a few questions.

I currently have an iPad Pro 10.5 and after playing around with the surface go several times in Best Buy, I'm really wanting the 8gb cellular model. Before i jump in and buy it, I'd like to ask a few questions.
I don't foresee this having any issues running the programs I will need for work such as edge, QuickBooks online and office programs. I am wondering about the tablet part of it though. I like multitasking in split screen with my ipad using edge and facebook or messenger app. How well does this work on the surface go? I also use mysms to sync texts from my android phone to my ipad. Can I do this with the surface go with any app? Another app I use a lot for work is google maps. Can i use it on surface go? Ive tried the maps app in windows and for some reason when I zoom in, the image is much blurrier than google maps so I'm not sure that it would work out. And I use kindle app to read. Can I do this on the surface go?
Apps out of the way, can i simply stop what I'm doing on the surface go, close the keyboard case, and come back in a few hours and the battery not be drained significantly ? I do this on my ipad frequently and the battery seldom drains more than a percent or two even overnight.
I'm just wanting to be sure before i lay down $1,000 for a surface go cellular with the accessories. I went through a brief period with a surface 3 cellular and it was quite the disaster. Constant updates even when auto update was disabled, horrible battery life, very slow charging, sometimes would charge to full overnight only to start draining as soon as it reached full charge, on screen keyboard not appearing, typing delays, blue screen issues, sometimes would take several minutes to wake from sleep... one of the worst purchases of my life. But it was the 2 gb model and i think that was much of the problem. So easy to overwhelm it. I dont want round 2 of this with the surface Go.
Thanks in advance for the help/advice!


from Windows Central Forums http://bit.ly/2TqrQ9j
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment