Sunday, February 24, 2019

Don't need Google for awesome mobile experience

So i've sadly beeen forced to move on from my 950XL and Windows mobile; so many good memories. I was worried when I picked up my S8+ that i would get swallowed up into the bottomless Google pit of doom.
But after about a year in Android world, i've come to realization: I hardly use any Google services anymore.
The only Google products I use on my phone is the Google Play Store, and Google Maps. Everything else is either Microsoft or Samsung.

Samsung: phone dialer, calendar, dark themes, messages, pay, health and others

Microsoft: Skype, all the Office 365 suite apps, Bing, Edge etc.

My phone is basically a Microsoft/Samsung blend. I harldy use any Google products.

This reminds me of my first Windows phone: Samsung ATIV S. It was awesome!!! Samsung hardware, and Microsoft software.
With my S8+, I feel like I've almost gone 'back to the future'! "Micro-sung'


from Windows Central Forums https://ift.tt/2TksNDm
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment