Saturday, April 6, 2019

File opening very often very slow

I have a decent PC with an i7-6700 CPU, 16 GB RAM and several SSDs and several NAS storage devices connected with Gigabit. My Windows is 10 Pro 1809 Build 17763.379.
But very often, the opening of a file takes endless time, typically some 20 to 30 seconds. At first I thought it is a slow NAS and replaced it. But this did not help.
Now I tested several small text files in txt, rft and doc format on a local SSD folder. I changed the apps to other apps (Textmaker instead of MS Word for instance) but it did not help. Sometimes a file loads instantly when I load it a second time. But sometimes not. Of course this is not text specific, JPGs or MP3s behave the same.

What can I do to speed up file opening again?


from Windows Central Forums http://bit.ly/2OUX6vI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment