Friday, October 7, 2016

I now officially hate Windows Phone

I wanted to give my Nokia 620 to my daughter. Reverted it back from 10 beta to 8.1, created an account for her, and struggled with the annoying family account definition, which took about a day to be recognised. Then I started getting black screens so ended up doing a hard reset. Tried to restore the backup, and was asked to verify the account using an SMS, which didn't work for some reason, so I was offered the option to do it later. Problem is, there's apparently no way to restore a backup except right after the phone is started for the first time.

I knew before that Microsoft had problems creating usable user interfaces, but really, do they have to make it so hard? I think I'll just give her an Android phone. The only reason I wanted to give her my old Windows phone is because there are a lot fewer apps, so there's less chance of her installing tons of garbage. But it's just not worth it.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2dSjOAD
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment