Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Best Android/iOS option for use with DJI Mavic Drone

I'm a die-hard Windows 10 Mobile user and am not interested in using anything else as a "daily driver".

That said, I'm going to get a DJI Mavic Drone and I apparently need an iOS or Android device to control it.

The following page lists compatible devices: http://ift.tt/2gKPKZr

Here's the list of options as of today:

iOS Version v3.1.0.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Android Version v3.1.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

I haven't been following iOS or Android devices so I know little about them. Which of these is going to get me the best bang for the buck? Assume 90% use as a drone controller and maybe 10% of the time using it to run apps for other hobbies (in my case, model railroading and amateur radio) with apps that aren't available in the Windows 10 Mobile ecosystem.

I was maybe leaning iPod Touch (since I don't need a *phone*) or Nexus (since I've heard they're of reliably high quality in an ecosystem with some really crappy devices out there).

TL;DR: What's the best device to use as a drone controller without taking a huge hit on price?


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2fEjB9H
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment