Monday, June 26, 2017

Sync not syncing?

This is no longer relevant in the sense that I have spent several hours in front of the PC this weekend setting it up, but I am curious should I have to deal with this situation again.

My in laws purchased a PC and a laptop this weekend. I do not think the make and models are relevant for this question.

I set up each of the in laws with their own profiles complete with background photo, themes, apps etc on the laptop first. I made sure that each of their profiles was as they wanted it and then proceeded to set up the PC. I made sure that "sync" was on for both of their profiles.

In my mind, the purpose of sync is so that when I logged into their account on the PC, most (if not all) of the customisation would be recognised in the PC. It was not, and I then had to proceed spending some considerable time making the PC look the same as the laptop to avoid confusion between the two devices.

Is this a problem faced by other users?

I am quite technology friendly i.e. I like spending time on computers, looking through the different settings, getting it set up just right, understanding the different apps that can be used on my own Windows mobile and laptop. But equally, I am not a developer and I am not on the fast or slow ring for updates. I do try and keep appraised of what is happening and I like to have a play around whenever a large update occurs. Compared to many of my friends and colleagues, my knowledge and tech ability is above average.

I therefore think that if I have missed something obvious, then how sync should work is not obvious.

I am very keen to learn what it is that I should have been doing (and bless, how my in laws would have worked it out is beyond me).


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2sTUeUP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment