Tuesday, June 27, 2017

thinking of buying a new 2in1

Hello Everyone,

My next question is seeking more opinion than actual solid facts, but since i have absolutely no one to bounce my thoughts off of in my life, i came here. #sad .

I am a wannabe writer living in NYC. Most of my writing i do on a tablet while standing in a crowded Subway. My current tablet being the ipad mini 4. I am tired of not having a full version of office at my fingertips and all the sync issues that come with having ipad under ground.

I am looking to purchase a surface like product to keep everything i want/need on one device. After fairly extensive issues, i have run up against the following questions:

1) Is there a chance that Microsoft will release a newer version of their Surface Dock to include USB-C and/or Thunderbolt ports? (i know about usb-c dongle)

2) Is there a way to somehow customize / change the On Screen keyboard? I find that there is a lot of dead space / useless buttons when splitting the keyboard into 2 halves.

3) The buyin to get the i7 surface with 16 gigs of RAM seems to be almost 3k (if you add in dock, keyboard and tax) while the i5 with 8 gigs of RAM lands slightly under 2k. Is the performance boost truly worth the price of admission?

4) I have a relatively powerful desktop at home that i use for gaming and photo editing, Should i seek a 1 device solution to cover my portable and at home needs, or is it just not worth it, considering current state of technology?

Thank you very much!

Serge


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2siVxur
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment