Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Factory Reset HP Stream 8

I've decided that I need to factory reset my HP Stream 8 due to unsolved driver issues and general Windows bugs. However, two problems stand in my way:
1) The recovery media on my HP Stream 8 is, well, nonexistent. It's simply not there. I'll need to use an external media in order to do so.
2) The biggest driver issue I'm facing is my Realtek network driver failing completely. My Stream 8 is completely unable to connect or even see Wi-Fi networks, leaving it utterly separated from the internet.

I know I could probably get an ISO from Microsoft and put it on an external media like one of my numerous flash drives but then I face another problem: how on earth do I connect it? The Stream 8, after all, only has microUSB.

I really need some help here. My Stream 8 is essentially worthless until I figure out a solution for my issues. I received zero aid for my initial problems so now I'm asking for help to start fresh and wipe the whole darn thing.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2tNqeue
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment