Friday, September 29, 2017

Why is there no Microsoft Surface trackpad?

I'm a relatively new Windows/Surface convert, and before I switched from Mac to Windows, I'd been using macOS for years. I'm also a big keyboard shortcut and gesture guy, meaning I actually take the time to learn and remember as many shortcuts and gestures in the OS I'm using as possible, because they genuinely help me get more work done faster.

Before making the switch from Mac to Windows, I'd been using Apple's Magic Trackpad 2 in place of a mouse. And I'd really become used to using gestures and swiping up and down, left and right, to scroll. So when I bought my new Surface Pro, I immediately noticed that Microsoft doesn't offer any sort of external trackpad for it, even though Windows supports a number of gestures. For example, when I use my Surface Pro along with my Signature Type Cover, I can swipe up and down with two fingers to scroll, and swipe up and down with three digits to show or hide the desktop.

It seems odd that Microsoft wouldn't have released some sort of Surface trackpad to utilize the various gestures built into Windows. What do you think? Why hasn't Microsoft released one? And do you know of any third-party trackpads that you recommend?


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2xCxsFz
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment