Monday, February 4, 2019

Is anyone using an Explorer replacement full-time they're happy with?

Explorer just has so many little stupid things wrong with it that I'm tired of and I know they're never going to get fixed. In the longlongago Explorer replacements were a big deal; these days it doesn't seem like such a big deal.

Some of the things that bother me:

Only five presets for customization

Tied to Network and IO performance (while it's scanning files, the UI locks up)

Trying to change view options while a folder is scanning is nearly impossible (the options drop-down keeps resetting)

Folder contents aren't cached at all

Thumbnail generation sucks

Metadata handling sucks

Auto-scrolling in the treeview is annoying

Anyway - I don't want to debate the value of Explorer; it certainly does the job for most folks. I'm just hoping to replace it with something better for my use.


from Windows Central Forums http://bit.ly/2TtFfgL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment