Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Surface Pro 4 - should I try the Core m3?

Hi,
I'm looking for a replacement for my Android tablet, that works for me as a typical time-waster. You know - browsing the web, watching tv-shows and such. Probably no gaming, at least no serious stuff like AAA titles and such.

My biggest problem with Android devices is that they aren't really as flexible as a normal computer, and either way for most of the time I need to drag my Mac with me.

I wanted to buy myself a Surface Pro 4 with the Core m3.

However I have four biggest fears:
- Power. I know that using Core m3 for gaming isn't the best idea, but what about doing that basic stuff and keeping things fluid, especially compared to half as expensive Android tablets.
- Batery life. Same as above. From my previous experience with Windows machines (that in fact stopped around Windows 8.1) I know that battery life is a bit hit and miss. Especially when launching poorly designed x86 programs, that drain battery because they can. But - maybe - things have changed? I now that I can expect a solid battery estimation from my mac and a typical mobile-tablet. Are things similar with Surface?
- Buggy launch. I've seen lots of threads about SP4 being quite buggy at launch. Have this changed after updates?


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2fFtHmP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment