Thursday, December 1, 2016

Migrating to Android, I have some questions on how to retain certain functionality [ATT]

Hey folks, I've been on WP since 2007, and other than helping my parents out w/a few things on their androids, I don't have a lot of experience w/Android. I'll be moving to an Axon 7 (should come in today), but there are some basic things I'd like to be able to retain from my windows experience, and I'm hoping one or several of you fine folks that moves back and forth between the OSes could help me out!

Things I'd like to retain:
- First and foremost, what steps do I need to take to get this phone working on ATT's network? My 1520 is 3 years old, so I might even need a new SIM, but I'm not sure....
- This question is assuming there's some central place to add services (live, gmail, exchange, facebook) in the OS. If this is not the case, please let me know: Is there a way to mash/link same contacts from different services into one contact, so I don't have 5 separate copies of contacts in my list?
- I know text messages are stored in outlook.com for windows phones. Is this native in android somehow, or do I need to get an app for this?
- I heard some mention about a skin for android to make it look like a WP... is this reliable? Does it require the phone to be rooted? I don't think the axon's OS UI can be rooted... but these are terms I'm not entirely familiar w/on the android platform.

Any other things that people who have switched have experienced that I should know? Any backups/whatever that I should do on my 1520 before I finally turn it off ( :unhappysweat: )? I'm guessing my list will grow as I start getting into the meat of the phone.

Finally, as you respond, please keep in mind that I'm trying to keep this thread from falling into phone wars so that I can hopefully get some actual help.

Thanks


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2gD3fec
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment