Wednesday, December 28, 2016

SP4 Lagging

Anyone else experiencing this: While CPU is at nominal utilization I often experience significant lag doing mundane things like:
  • typing into Cortana, keystrokes are delayed by 3 or so seconds
  • Launching a new tab in edge takes 5 seconds
  • the cursor moves in slomo when moving around the screen
  • My favorite game, Asphalt 8 is unplayable due to significant frame drops and control lag
  • Launching Task Manager is the equivalent of launching Photoshop on an 486 and consumes 40% CPU for 25 seconds


Nothing has changed other than updates on my i5 8GB RAM, I thought the days of reinstalling the OS on your computer every 4 months was over! My SP4 is running like pure crap right now! Mainly wondering if a recent update may have bonked my system.

Update:
seems to be a problem with Cortana that many others are also experiencing, killing the "Cortana" process (automatically restarts) seems to fix it for a while.


from Windows Central Forums //forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=448695&goto=newpost
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment