Saturday, July 1, 2017

I kissed a Hippopotamus today.

hippokiss.jpg

Okay, first let me explain. A while back, I stated this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhapdog View Post
My wife and I bought Lumia 640s over 2 years ago for $30 each, upgrading from a Lumia 635 which upgraded our 520s. Worst case scenario will be I'll carry around a 7" or 8" Windows 10 Tablet that has a Data SIM and a "dumb" flip phone for phone calls. I'll never go Android or iOS. I know, "never say never" and all that. I just did. I meant it. I meant it like I say, "I'll never kiss a hippopotamus on the mouth." Believe it.

Well, in spite of my "definitive" statements there, I have just purchased an Honor 5X Android phone. It's been a very hard decision for me, but I've got to have the mobile hotspot and other features for a smart phone. I've already got an 8" tablet without a SIM card and don't see the sense in buying a new one. I've looked at Windows tablets. 8" and under are impossible to find with the quality features I need. Only budget ones are available now, and none with SIM cards. You need a 10" or larger for that. With some of the apps that I need badly dropping, and with my aging Lumia 640 beginning to experience technical difficulties after 2-1/2 years of use and abuse, I need a new phone. With the current direction that Microsoft is taking, I can't see investing further into the Windows 10 Mobile platform, even though I abhor using Android and iOS. My phone no longer holds a charge, the buttons are all intermittent, and the phone is experiencing random reboots after numerous drops.

I will make it, as much as I can, like a Microsoft phone. I will probably have to root it in order to get everything like I want.

What I really want is for W10M to be successful and get all the apps the other OSes get, but it just isn't happening because Microsoft never even promoted it once.

My wife's Lumia 640 is still working fine. She says that she will stick with it as long as possible, and will wait until the last possible minute to switch phones. I feel like mine is almost at the last possible minute with all the failures I am experiencing.

Just thought I'd come back and clear up my previous statements. I wasn't lying, I was just wrong. Lying is intentional, wrong is just, well, stupid. Yes, I said it. I was being less than intellectual.

Don't hate on me. I'm not leaving the platform. I've still got 3 others in my house on W10M and if it ever comes back and Microsoft starts supporting it, I'll come back.
Attached Images


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2uvlbNU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment