Thursday, August 31, 2017

My Life Journey With Microsoft Has Come To An End & I'd Like To Share It

Hey everyone,
As you might have guessed, this post will come off more like a rant than anything else. But I wanted to get this off my chest somewhere and what better place to do that than our lovely forums.
To start with I just wanted to make it clear that I will always be using Windows 10. Right now, it's on my Surface Pro 3 which has been holding up for quite a while and I am not planning on replacing it anytime soon. I can't believe that they already released 2 versions after it. It's the second-best Tech investment Ive ever made.
The reason I am saying second best is because there is another piece of hardware that stole my heart forever. That is the Lumia 920.
Before I dive deeper into it I just wanted to mention that before the Lumia 920 I owned a Nokia 6680, N95 8Gb edition and a Nokia N8 respectively. Every time I owned one of these handsets I was in love and they were perfect for me at the time. the build quality, the OS and its features. Yet, nothing beat the Lumia 920.

Lumia 920 was a marvel to look at and to use. I loved switching it on. I loved Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 so very much. The hardware was beautiful and I don't think anyone could argue with that. a few years later the Lumia 920 just couldn't keep up and that was a few months after windows 10 mobile was out. I wasn't sold by the Lumia 950 and 950 XL at first. I had to use a Galaxy S6 as a "temporary" phone hoping that Microsoft will get their next flagship that never came right. Galaxy S6 ended up being my primary phone for a while before someone decided to spill some liquid over it earlier this year and it died. I had the choice of getting a new android or going with windows 10 mobile for the first time and give it a chance. I was very tempted by the HUGE price cut of the Lumia 950 XL. I liked that its specs were somehow good for the cheap price and I decided to buy one. Keep in mind that the way I thought about was that this was a flagship phone and the it IS premium. It just had a huge price cut due to its bad marketing.
Although I always kept up-to-date with windows 10 news and was always part of the community. I must admit that I missed windows phones so very much. I missed the start screen with its live tiles. I missed the windows onscreen keyboard that made me WANT to type on a phone.
Fast forward a few months and the phone slipped from my pocket once. It fell face down and the glass screen as shattered along with my dreams. By the time the new glass screen came in, the broken glass screen managed to damage the digitizer and the whole phone was junk before I could fix it. oh, and I also invest in a Microsoft display dock a month ago,

I felt betrayed and deceived (almost as if someone cheated on me). I put my faith in Microsoft and I had my fingers crossed that Lumia 950 xl will hold up until the Surface phone will "change everything".
Guess what? Surface phone never came. that's okay. Microsoft started being extra quiet about its future mobile plans. And finally, Microsoft had the balls to come out and call Windows 10 Mobile an OS aimed at enterprises. I am sorry but no. W10M was aimed at consumers and Microsoft never looked at enterprises ever since they started targeting the consumer masses a couple of years ago, I understand Microsoft would never see this rant but I got a couple of things to tell them. You guys, designed and shipped a little box of garbage (Lumia 950/XL) and called it your flagship. You sold it at a premium price and you made your loyal fans believe that it's for the better future. you never cared to address the ONE problem that your phones have which is the apps. you built a beautiful OS and decided to go with less than premium material. you went for fireworks like Continuum at the wrong time. If you had a solid fan base (which you don't btw) you would've benefitted WAY more. I don't know who your counsellor is but continuum is not a feature that drives people to switch to W10M but it's more like an add-on that would've been nice given that you already had everything else figured out which you don't btw.

I wish Microsoft never decided to give android and iOS users their services. Microsoft is strong I don't know why it didn't use this to force goggle to make native apps for w10M. I don't understand why Microsoft didn't build a premium phone under the surface brand which I am willing to bet a million dollars would've changed the game. people are already familiar with the Surface and they would've been intrigued by a Surface branded phone.

It's too late now. Pixel XL 2 is right around the corner followed by iPhone 8. A surface phone would've been perfect earlier this year. I am switching to Goggle Pixel 2. I am just tired of being treated like the psycho ExBf that's running after Microsoft hoping that it would change for me, for us, the loyal Windows Phone Army. I will not abandon Microsoft services though. I will do my very best to turn the Pixel XL 2 into a Microsoft phone with Android's open system.
On one last final note, I will not be purchasing Microsoft's next flagship phone ... or the one after. I will wait until Microsoft is screaming at me to come back and then I will consider. I hope the day that Microsoft finally decides to give us what we want comes soon. because if it doesn't, even my beloved windows 10 will be doomed


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2wqZrF7
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment