Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Use OneDrive for backup?

The question is if this is viable solution.

I have Office Family subscription, $113/year in Sweden. It gives 5x office packages including 5 x 1TB OneDrive storage.
But it's just me and a son in law that use it.
I have connected almost all to OneDrive folders, including desktops and alike. About 450 GB
On my 100/10 mbps connection it takes days to upload that kind of data on 10-12 mbsp speed.

My thought was to set up a second Microsoft account and use one of the 5 included 1 TB as backup on OneDrive.
To be used only when I want to backup and should not otherwise be automatically synced.

Can I have 2 accounts on the Win 10 PC that have access to "everything" aka the same data?
Will it be sure the account not logged into is not synced to OneDrive?

So, if some malware or ransomware attack me the second OneDrive will be safe?

Apologize if it's already asked. I did a light search and didn't find anything.

Computer set up is an Intel core i5 second generation PC latest Win 10 Prof, an Surface 3 w Win 10 Home, an Galaxy A5 and occasional old iPad 3.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2x5dWkB
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment