Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Onedrive crash - then deleted my files

Hi all, I have been using OneDrive for years with reasonable success. Today something very unfortunate happened that I would appreciate input on.

From time to time, about once every 6 months or so, OneDrive crashes and, when I re-start it, it wants me to select my OneDrive location and setup as if it's new.

In the past, when I did this, it re-scanned all my files and intelligently merged them.

Today this happened again. Then, when I selected the location, it erased /all/ my files first then started downloading them all from the cloud.

!!!

I thus lost all my work from the time OneDrive crashed to when I got to set it up again. Unfortunately the files are not in my recycle bin.

Thoughts? Is this expected / normal behavior for other people?


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2xvTzKW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment