Sunday, June 5, 2016

cannot login to windows 10

My PC has been working fine on Windows 10 for months.

I booted and tried to login this morning and it showed "Other user"

I tried to login with my user name and password and when I press ENTER it goes back to the user name entry and in a few seconds it boots again. It does not say wrong password or anything. It just shuts down.

I then changed my pass word with Microsoft, got the code and reset the password.The new password works fine with Hotmail.com. But I still cannot login to Windows 10.

I do not get a black screen. It just does not let me login and it just re-boots. It does not say "wrong password" it just ignores my entries and re-boot.

System: HP Pavillion 6180t with Windows 10.

I can login to my Hotmail account with the new password on another computer without any problems.

I just tried a password reset boot disk which shows my correct user name in the list. I reset it and re-booted. The problem remains: it says "Other User" and ignores all entries and re-boots!!!!


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/1Y25ngo
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment