Monday, June 6, 2016

Unknown pen with Surface 3

I bought a Surface 3 about 3 months ago, and I order the pen with it. I was surprised to find no instructions on how to use the pen, and as a result have hardly used it. I'm now trying to sort it out.

First thing is that the pen isn't like any Surface pen I can find pics of. They generally have one top button and two side buttons. Mine has a top button, and a "side strip", and the end of that strip nearest the point has a "button like" function on it - you press it and it "clicks". That side button appears to do nothing at all in any app I have tried the pen with.

I tried configuring the pen buttons using the Surface app. Under "pen" I do have the sensitivity adjustment but nothing else. Certainly no options for configuring buttons as shown on various help sites.

What is going on here? Was I sent the wrong pen for the Surface 3? Why are there no instructions for the pen? At least no instructions came with it, and I cannot even find a reference to this particular pen on the net.

I am running Windows 10, build 10586.318

thanks

Richard


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/22IjQie
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment