Saturday, June 4, 2016

WiFi experience feels painfully slow with cellular data enabled

A new unlocked 950 dual sim owner here. After struggling with randomly slow content loading experience across all apps over WiFi, I've discovered that it only happens with cellular data enabled. If I turn it off, WiFi and all apps work fast as you would expect with a good WiFi signal at home. Anyone else with this issue? Problem doesn't necessarily show up in network throughput tests because the slowness appears to be due to a kink in TCP/IP connection establishment stage (e.g. DNS lookup), not payload transfer stage. I think the OS has a bug in the networking stack when both WiFi and cellular data are enabled. Other things to note: I'm using AirVoice (AT&T MVNO) microSIM cut into nanoSIM. SMS and MMS work fine after programming the SIM settings but I wonder if OS expects a nanoSIM with built-in network settings... Ordered a proper nanoSIM from Airvoice to test this. My wife's 950XL with proper AT&T nanaSIM doesn't have this issue and it FLIES on WiFi with or without cellular data enabled.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/1sWRjsU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment