Thursday, October 26, 2017

My journey from Lumia 640 XL to Redmi Note 4X

I never thought for once I would like Android Phones or the OS, because I never had one before. My first smartphone was the Blackberry 8520, then followed by HTC (I can't remember its name) but it comes with Windows Mobile 6.5, and from that I jumped to another HTC that has Windows Phone 7, then came my Lumia 625 with Windows Phone 8.1, I replaced it with Microsoft's first branded Lumia 535 with Windows Phone 8.1 and then I switched to Lumia 640XL.
I really liked Windows phones and the OS, but gradually the user experience started to downgrade, apps crashing, phone freezing, etc.
For once I never cared about the so called App Gap, because all of my favorite apps were there in the store, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Whatsapp, Asphalt 8 Airborne etc. I'm not girlish that's why I never cared about Snapchat.
One day I woke up and I was hit by the news that Microsoft are abandoning Lumias, and they are not going to release new phones any time soon. I was like "Waaaaaaaaaaat?!", but yeah, they were serious about it.
That's when I had the idea to check out some Android replacement for my phone, and I got it.
Things I'm enjoying on my Redmi Note 4X includes: The OS customization, More Apps, Settings other apps as default, and yeah The Night/Reading mode.
Things I missed from my Lumia include: Glance Screen, Live Tiles, NFC, and the 5.7" screen.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2hcTDbW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment