Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Remove a large number of individual files from OneDrive?

At some point a while back I littered my OneDrive storage with files I didn't want there. I back my important files up to a separate internal hard drive, then make .zip copies of those into a different folder. It is that folder that I want to keep in sync with my OneDrive data. However, I discovered that OneDrive also has copies of the unzipped version of the files (about 17,000 of them). While I can remove the unzipped versions from the synchronized folder on my hard drive, presumably, rather than be deleted from OneDrive, they will be copied from OneDrive to my synchronized folder again. How can I remove these files from OneDrive? I'd even be willing to remove all files on OneDrive without a .zip extension, rather from a specified list, but the directory structure is large and I am not aware of any features for deleting files from OneDrive en masse (especially ones that meet specified criteria).


from Windows Central Forums http://bit.ly/2rTa1U7
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment