Friday, May 27, 2016

From Threshhold to Redstone: My Experience

Hello all! I was super excited to get my Lumia 950XL coming from a Lumia 930 a few months ago. My initial experience was a love/hate relationship; I love Windows 10 Mobile for the most part but my 950XL experienced bugs that not even my 930 on the same build was experiencing.

After a dew firmware and cumulative updates to build 10586 the experience marginally improved, but performance and battery life seemed...disappointing.

After reading some threads about people having stellar experiencing on their 950's on Redstone - I decided to jump on the bandwagon for build 14342.1004...and found some pleasant improvements.

1. My standby time seemed to greatly improve and the phone seemed to use less battery in general.

2. Performance across the OS seemed to improve, it seems as though Redstone builds are more efficient on xx50 phones (AnTuTu seems to prove this).

3. I haven't had a single random reboot since I updated to Redstone, and on Threshold I would get at least one reboot per day – especially when using the phone for an elongated period.

Note: I have not done a hard reset yet.

I am a pretty happy camper! ☺Is anyone else having a similar experience? #DoubleTapToWakeNeedsToHappenSoSoonThough


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/1Uj41en
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment