Saturday, February 4, 2017

Surface Pro 2- Upgrade to W10 fails.

So I just got my Surface Pro 2 today. 8gb ram, 256GB ssd.
Before I bought it it was factory reset, so I set it up, and it booted into Windows 8.1 fine.
First thing I did was upgrade to Windows 10. It downloaded everything fine, got to 24% completed update, then flashed to the Surface logo and stayed there.
I thought that might be part of the upgrade process, so I left it for about two hours.
After that tried resetting it and such, but it just hangs on the Surface screen.

I was able to reset it back to factory settings.
Any idea why using the Upgrade for assistive technologies keeps failing?

I have a W10 USB boot drive. If I try to do a clean instal of W10, will I need an activation key?

Thanks for any help.


from Windows Central Forums //forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=451512&goto=newpost
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment