Tuesday, February 28, 2017

What is safe to remove?

Model: Lenovo G40-70
OS: Windows 8.1

I just had my laptop reset to its factory settings. I noticed that there are programs already installed and i don't even know what they do. The problem is, I don't know which ones are safe to remove or to keep. I also plan on upgrading to Windows 10 after I uninstall the unnecessary programs. Here is the list of programs:

AMD Catalyst Install Manager
Cisco EAP-FAST Module
Cisco LEAP Module
Cisco PEAP Module
Conexant HD Audio
CyberLink MediaStory
CyberLink PowerDirector 10
Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio
Energy Manager
Intel Graphics Driver
Intel Management Engine Components
Intel Rapid Storage Technology
Lenovo EasyCamera
Lenovo OneKey Recovery
Lenovo PowerDVD10
Lenovo Solution Center
McAfee WebAdvisor
Power2Go
REALTEK Bluetooth Driver
Realtek Card Reader
Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver
REALTEK Wireless LAN Driver
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
Windows Driver Package - Lenovo (ACPIVPC) System
Windows Driver Package - Lenovo (WUDFRd) LenovoVhid

I'm not really good with these kind of things. Thank you for any answers or advice.
Attached Images


from Windows Central Forums //forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=453119&goto=newpost
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment