Saturday, March 31, 2018

Did the last WM10 change blue-tooth pairing?

Last week I updated the infotainment software on my 2016 Ford so had to re-pair our phones (L950LX and Idol 4S). In the past, I would bring up the blue-tooth screen on the phone and tapped on pair in the infotainment system of the car and the car would show up on the phone and the phone would show up on the car's screen and you confirmed on both and done.

This time neither the phone or the car displayed the other, but the car asked if I wanted to search for more devices (or similar wording). I clicked on that and both saw the other and I proceeded like before. I didn't think much more about it and didn't know if the car or phone was operating differently than before.

Fast forward to today and I loaned my Cadillac to my son who was visiting and offered to pair his phone (L640). But neither displayed the other when trying to pair, just like when I last paired our phones in the Mustang. But the Cadillac didn't offer to search for more devices. So the phone could not be paired to the car. Neither the phone or car were bumping up on limits of how many pairings were possible.

The only common denominator is phones using the latest WM10 although I can't rule out some random failure of his phone's blue-tooth. Didn't have time to try with another car before he had to leave to preside over a wedding.

Seems he was ordained by some internet church for $25 because that was cheaper for his friend (who had been my son's best man) than paying for a "real" minister.

I hope something wasn't changed in WM10 that makes it so only cars that have the extra logic (whatever it might be) to try to find other devices to pair.


from Windows Central Forums https://ift.tt/2H2HGla
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment