Thursday, March 29, 2018

Prediction - Where is tracking headed? Outside-in, Inside-Out or Laser?

I've been lucky enough to try all three tracking solutions currently on the market. The Vive lighthouses (infrared laser), WMR (optical, inside-out) and Rift (optical).

Daily, I use the Vive and believe it to have the best tracking solution, but lately I've been impressed with my HP WMR headset's inside out capabilities.

My view is that lighthouse, although technically superior, will be overtaken by inside out tracking.

I am a product manager for a software company so not a developer per se but I'm interested to hear from VR game devs on their predictions for the future of tracking in VR apps and games.

Cheers,
Dave


from Windows Central Forums https://ift.tt/2pQbR6L
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment