Monday, October 31, 2016

Advice from the community... What next?

Yup... It's another one of those threads, but after reading and reading and reading, I'm just ending up more confused. :eck:

I've had my trusty Ativ S since launch and have been holding out to replace it in hopes for the fabled "Surface Phone" that I've just accepted will not come any time soon.

After the rather disappointing hardware event that confirmed no news :angry:, I've decided it's time to move forward. I've tested latest Android phones and I'm totally frustrated with the experience. iOS, I've never liked. So it's back to WM10 for me and hence the request for advice.

I'm having a difficult time deciding on what to get next. I hear/read from many that the best experience is the 950XL, but I'm concerned with the impending discontinuation this December. The post that showed the nice capture of the Microsoft Device screen saying "Lumia Phones no longer supported" was, telling to say the least. Which leaves me with the Acer Liquid Jade Primo, the HP Elite X3 and the upcoming Alcatel Idol 4S. Looking at most posts, it seems most of the community dissuades the Acer Liquid Jade Primo as a choice, which now leaves us with two.

Now, I'm leaning a bit towards the HP Elite x3 because I'm hoping that the heavy HP investment will equate to greater support both from HP and Microsoft. But the non user replaceable battery, missing dedicated camera button, NFC but no Wallet support and price kind of deflate me. Among a few other nitpicks.

In the end, what do you think? Should I just go with the tried-and-true 950 or 950XL? Should I wait to see what the Alcatel has to offer, since it seems specs are comparable to the Elite? Should I just bite-the-bullet and go with the Elite?

Discuss and thanks in advance!!! :grin:

P.S. In case you're wondering, yes, my Ativ is due for a replacement. :cry:


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2foKHBQ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment