Sunday, October 30, 2016

Is the Surface Pro line a good alternative for an iPad/Mac combo?

Since the Surface Pro line is a two in one, and because my MacBook Pro died three months ago, I am really considering selling my iPad Air and switching to the Surface Pro line (4, or whatever comes next) to use it as a tablet for simple streaming, and media and also as a full PC for editing documents, presentations and taking notes + playing Xbox One on its screen when I am in a place with no TV (or TV being used by others).

I would like to know how the Surface Pro functions as a tablet so I really wish if you guys tell me your main opinion about it, and if possible also answer the following questions:

1. Can the tablet be kept on 24/7 for like a year (as in locked screen / standby mode). Like a typical tablet? How is the battery in such case?
2. While in standby / screen locked mode. Does it have support for Push notifications and will I actually hear a notification sound? Like a notification for email, Facebook. Also most importantly calls from Skype / Viber contacts?
3. Is an antivirus required or should I just depend on Windows Defender + Malwarebytes? I already have a Norton Security for 5 devices license but I am worried this might slow it down (I am targeting the i7, 16 GB RAM model because I won't be upgrading before it literally dies, just like my 2012 Mac)
4. How does it feel streaming YouTube videos or Netflix on it. Do videos fit the screen like a TV, or it looks like playing a movie on iPad due to different aspect ratio?
5. Regarding the Type Cover. Does the color change with age? Even the Signature Edition one?
6. Is the tablet scratch resistant? Not talking about screen since it will always be covered by a type covered unless I am using it anyways. I mean the tablet body itself.

-------------------------------
Last question for those who bought it from the US and took it back home. How is the Surface Support / Repair service from Microsoft? Do they honor its warranty? Does having an extended warranty (redirected to US) have any benefits outside the US?

Thanks all, I really appreciate you reading all this. Thanks again :)


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2ftmlpN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment