Sunday, October 30, 2016

Debating getting another 950

Hey all. So I've had some 950 and XLs before and always seem to have went back to iPhone. I finally got the 7 plus and boy what a disaster. From the coil whine to no headphone jack to the awful new home button I hated... long story short I returned it. I also ended up getting a 4k dell xps 15 for $1999 which is an incredible machine with specs higher than a $2400 MacBook pro. After waiting for the new MacBook pro when they were announced I realized that Apple threw a big finger in the air to their customers and I am done with apple. My wife and kids can use their idevices to call and communicate with me through Skype. Anyway I m now using an unlocked PRIV which is a cool phone that I've used before as well but the Google ecosystem is just not my thing. I don't like their information selling business model. I also use like 3 apps. Feedly amazon and this one.

What I miss most is the camera of the lumia series.

I Take lots of pics and nothing comes close.

My question is this... does it make sense to buy a 950 with a student parent discount at $359 including the dock from msft directly? I will most likely set up an extra monitor in the kitchen and use the Internet with it and the dock while having breakfast and my morning coffee.

Is the phone still worth it. Especially at $359 with dock?

Again I am using priv but I don't use Google anything. I use LIVE for exchange and calendar, office for work and onedrive for everything important.

Thanks for your input.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2fkThS7
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment