Sunday, October 30, 2016

SMS / Messaging / Skype preview

I have to start this by saying I much prefer Skype preview over the desktop version, but I have tried my hardest to use Skype preview to send and receive SMS messages using my 950XL's allowences.

Unfortunatly it makes a real pigs ear of it, ruins the People app, contacts need linking, then they unlink, at times some do and others don't, then in the preview you end up with contacts all over the place, and then sometimes it just doesn't work, you lose the ability to send SMS, you have two options of Skype and if the number shows up it often asks to verify the number and still doesn't work.

I have spent many many hours of frustration with this and I know what I am doing with it, but until it improves I have had to take the SMS function off and put my Messaging app back on my phone screen.

Just nosing around on my PC and SP3 and noticed the messaging app that never really did anything since they took SMS messaging off of it in favour of Skype preview and I noticed it now shows all my SMS's.

I got my phone and checked the messaging app and there is a new setting of Sync across devices and it was turned on.

On checking on the PC and SP3 it is read only at the moment, but at least it's 50% of the way there.

I really want to be able to send SMS from my PC, but couldn't live with the Skype preview mix as it ended up busting two app and my pedantic lifestyle, so please MS, give us the option to use messaging to send SMS until you get Skype preview sorted or I can happily live with two working apps, one for each function.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2enHptM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment