Saturday, October 29, 2016

secure windows 10 PC account

Hey, guys!

If I want to secure my Microsoft account, I can enable two step authentication, and I can also enable the app Authenticator . On the other hand, when I log into one of Microsoft services on a PC, it wouldn't ask me to login again. That is, although I find the fact that I don't have to login into my Calendar, OneNote, OneDrive over and over again, if somebody could login into that PC, he would actually access all that information. Plus, I do know that there are tools which could change a password of a Windows 7 user account, so I just assume that the same can be done in Windows 10? It may not be possible if I sign in into my Microsoft account on that PC, but still - even then I assume that somebody could change the type of logging into the account without my knowledge, and again - access all my emails, files, notes, etc... Correct me if I'm wrong there.

So because of this, I just wanted to ask if there is any way to secure my account on Windows 10 besides using an iris scanner, finger print scanner, or whatever? For example, I think it is really a pity that one cannot use Authenticator app for logging into a Windows 10 PC. Is there some settings which I don't know about, or is there some other way for me to secure the account, and even better - for me to know if somebody has logged into my account (even if that was me)? It would be great if I could get an SMS at least, or an email, or a push notification on my Windows 10 Mobile phone, each time somebody accesses my Microsoft account on any PC, or at least that particular PC.

Thanks in advance, and I hope this isn't a double tread. I haven't found another tread like this.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2dXvgLd
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment