Friday, February 24, 2017

How do I set up Outlook 2016 to Sync with my outlook.com calendar as on my phone?

I must be thoroughly stupid, but I feel like I have tried everything. This month, apparently eas.outlook.com as the server for the calendar/email in Outlook 2016 is dead and gone, and I can't figure out how to "re-add" the account.

My microsoft account is firstname@myowndomain.dk (obviously not exactly that) and I can't for the life of me figure out how to set it up again in Outlook 2016 after having removed as Microsoft tells me to. It asks to do it "automatically", but then it says something about the certificate being too old. And when I try to do it manually, I come to a stop too.

My GF has the same problem, or rather, I have the same problem with my GF's outlook 2016. Our Lumias syncs as they should, and we can see the various calendar items on outlook.com, add items on the web calendar, and it will sync fine with the phone, add on the phone and it will sync fine with the web interface.

How on earth do I get our Outlook 2016 installations to sync with the outlook.com storage of calendar? We are only interested in syncing our calendars (one for each of us, on different computers), and sync our contacts as well. eas.outlook.com used to work, but MS killed it this month.

I would be very happy if someone could give me an actual play-by-play, rather than the "and then re-add the account". It's the re-adding I have problems with.
:crying:

Thank you in advance,

Danobe


from Windows Central Forums //forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=452895&goto=newpost
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment