Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Now Cortana can't play music if phone is locked, needs to be fixed

I've had a problem since the last update for production (or at least that's when I noticed it, could be the last couple of updates).

In the car, through bluetooth, and with headphones, I asked Cortana to play music and the screen now says that I have to unlock the phone. Actually the same happens in any way to invoke Cortana, though it's obviously more noticeable in those cases.

This is INSANELY wrong, as I obviously couldn't reach and perform the Hello check or punch my password while I'm driving or when the phone is in my pocket. Before this, in the exact same situations the phone would just play my requested music without unlocking it.

I don't know why this changed but this needs to be fixed ASAP. It makes no sense from a security standpoint, since you still can send messages and call people without unlocking the phone, or do all the rest of the Cortana commands, but you can't play your music? As if it was a security risk or something.

I hate it when they break things that were working before. They better fix it, can anyone tell me if this works right in the newest Insider builds???


from Windows Central Forums //forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=451233&goto=newpost
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment