Sunday, October 29, 2017

Contacts missing from People app

So, I recently did a reset of my Lumia 650 because I thought I would get better performance out of it. But now Skype won't start, it keeps crashing. But that's not the main issue.

So today I was looking at my contacts and there's a lot of redundant entries. Entries with names but no actual contact details. Probably rubbish from my various email accounts. So I delete a few of them. Then later on I noticed that all my contacts saved to my Hotmail account are gone! Which practically means all my useful contacts are gone! My sister's number is gone, my brother's number is gone, and the list goes on. But they are still there in the People app on my PC.

So I thought about signing in again on the People app, but it tells me my Hotmail account is already in use. Okay.. Then I noticed that it is syncing.. But it seems to be stuck. None of my contacts have been restored yet. I'm worried when this "sync" is complete, all my contacts will be gone from Microsoft's servers.

Wtf, Microsoft? I'm going on a trip in a few days and all my contacts are gone! Just when I wanted to say that I'm sticking with my Lumia 650 until it dies, this happens. Oh, and Skype keeps crashing. I can't even get to the start screen.

Sigh........

I'm thinking about resetting my phone. Again. Will that help anything?


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2ieYr0v
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment