Sunday, May 29, 2016

Persistent Wifi problems

Does anyone experience extremely slow Wifi connections? For months my Surface Book's connection has been EXTREMELY slow (although somewhat intermittently). My internet speed will often be ~3 or 4 Mbps while all my other devices are 20+ Mbps. Sometimes if I disconnect or turn off Wifi and reconnect, things are better for a while. But not always. So I don't think it's the router or channel. The worst thing is that I use a NAS (network attached storage) to access files. Sometimes my connection speeds with that are ~350KB/s or less (again, around 6MB/s on other devices).

When I first got the SurfaceBook in November, I didn't have this problem. I think it cropped up at some point after an update. I hoped the recent Marvell Avastar update would help but if anything, it's gotten worse. I've looked around the web and there are some old suggestions about registry hacks (that don't work) and plenty of Surface owners complaining about Marvell and Skylake. Anyone have suggestions? I may try buying another router just to rule that out.

I love my SurfaceBook but these Wifi issues are making it bascally useless to me.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/1TPJKNy
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment