Sunday, May 29, 2016

Should I sell my iMac and use my Surface Book as a desktop?

Ive had my iMac for 3 years with a windows partition, but i've run out of space, the fans are driving me INSANE, the windows side's sound doesnt work and I do a bit of light gaming so I'm just getting pretty sick of Mac's lack of performance in the area. I have a shiny new surface book which i adore but its an i7 and I'm sure it could do much more than play my Netflix shows. I bought the Surface Dock, put my iMac on sale, got a Samsung 4K display and the Microsoft keyboard/mouse. While I still have the things in the box and they are returnable I would like opinions, am I making the right choice here? I have been slowly transitioning over the past years from everything apple into now everything windows starting with the SP2 that replaced my MB Air (keeping my iPhone and watch though) my work laptop runs windows as well and everything is beautifully integrated to one drive. Thus, I've really no need for my iMac anymore other than it looks pretty in my room. Is the SB powerful enough to support the 4k, and my light gaming? Since I'm pretty sure it is because I already tried it and it runs league at native res and medium graphics with 100fps (a tiny bit of lag). Is it worth ditching my mac to get a 4k screen and run it with my Surface?


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/1NXv4Ne
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment