Sunday, June 5, 2016

Anyone have trouble turning on the Surface Pro 4 shortly after powering it down?

Sometimes (not always), if I shut down the SP4, it won't power up right away if I press the power button. I have to wait a while (sometimes for several minutes) then press it again. I noticed it when I shut down to put in an SD card, then again when I shut down while leaving the office then realized I had to do one more thing on it. So I've been testing it intentionally and sometimes it turns on right away, other times I have to wait a while.

Has anyone had this problem? Does this sound like a hardware or software issue?

I just got it a week ago, and I have the 2-year Microsoft complete protection, so not worried in the long-term, but I'm also about to put about $70 worth of single-use screen protector and skin on it so I don't want to have to exchange it if this problem gets worse and worse. If it's just another firmware power issue I don't mind waiting around for an update to fix it.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/1r8wLwh
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment