Friday, June 3, 2016

Problems updating my Lumia 550!

Hello, I recently purchased a Lumia 550 and am currently very dissatisfied with it's performance. I figured that it would require an update and apparently there are two available,

MICROSOFTMDG Update for Windows Phone
Windows 10 Mobile (10.0.10586.318)

However, I am completely unable to download over mobile data (my primary source of internet), then I tried at a friends house over WiFi. It says "Downloading Update", then just stays at 0%.

I then learned about the Windows Device Recovery Tool and thought, "Hooray, I can Update!". WRONG! according to WDRT my firmware and OS are up to date.

Untitled.jpg

I'm at a loss for what I can do and am getting extremely frustrated with this PoS right now. I'm having trouble downloading new apps, updating existing apps, random internet drops, inability to download offline maps, very poor battery performance. Really regret buying it at this point, wish I had bought a cheaper Android phone. The only reason I bought this was for the 4G, I even have trouble receiving that in my area!

One other thing to note is that I am in the UK on the 3 network, I purchased my phone from a 3 store so it is network locked.

Edit: I have also factory reset my phone and tried again, to no avail.
Attached Images


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/1Uzt90L
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment