Sunday, August 28, 2016

Windows 10 forcing my PC into sleep mode after 2-3 minutes, how do I stop this?

I've done everything I can in the settings to keep this from happening. Sleep mode is entirely, 100%, disabled...and yet it keeps going into sleep mode after 2 or 3 minutes of inactivity. The worst part about it is that half the time when I wiggle my mouse to wake it back up I have to disconnect from my Wi-Fi and then connect to it again before the internet will work, otherwise it says no connection.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I've been searching for answers for like 6 or 7 months now when I first upgraded to windows 10 and the only sleep mode issues anybody seems to have is when it powers itself down while in sleep mode or it won't wake back up. I had this PC for over a year on windows 8.1 and never had this issue, but literally the day I upgraded to windows 10 it started happening and now several months later I finally got sick enough to ask for help again. Last time I asked for help on multiple forums I didn't get a single response, not even from the windows forum.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2bJBm4g
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment