Wednesday, October 26, 2016

just got my lumia 950 xl

Hi guys, just picked up my lumia 950 xl ,

Was dirt cheap, paying 199 rand a month on a 2 year contract which is about 14 usd a month! For a 950, offer was too good to turn down,

Coming from a blackberry 10 platform and I do have my BlackBerry priv which I use as my daily driver and I love it,

Just some things I want to point out of how shocked I am about how good this device is, it's got an amazing viewing experience , it makes android and bb10 look outdated,

Plus it comes with an iris scanner , wireless charging, quick charge, USB type c ? Cmon !!!! This is what Samsung and other devices only recently adopted ! And the glance feature? Sammy came with always on display but this glance feature ! Geez!

I haven't played with it a lot yet and have yet to update it or anything,

I dont know if il make it my daily driver as I have heard it's a pretty buggy phone, il run the updates tonight and let you guys know, this is my first ever windows device.

I really already feel I'm in love with it and I want to put down my priv And embrace the lumia but I'm just a die hard crackberry guy.

Any quick tips you guys recommend me doing to set up my lumia?

Also another question , does a samsung wireless charger work on the lumia? Or will I have to get another brand?

How's your guys battery life going so far ?

Also another thing is how is windows 10 updates? My priv comes with monthly security patches from blackberry, does Microsoft have anything like that?

How's the app situation? I haven't really browsed though the app store but I already found BBM missing and me and my wife use that as our main IM. I'm not a gamer so I don't care or give a damn about all of that,

Also I use a bit of pdf apps, like cam scanner , pdf merge etc so I'd probably need those ,

My banking app iv seen on the store , then I just use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and BBM.

I think that's about it,

My priv is loaded with about 90 apps just for the fun if it and those iv mentioned are the core apps I use and will need,

Excited about lumia, if I don't feel the device can suit me il probably hand it over to the wife as she doesn't care about the apps etc , as long as she can text me she's happy ,

Sorry for the rapid fire questions and long essay,

First time user window's mobile guy here .


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2eQ5jxH
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment