Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Lumia 950 Chargers & Desktop Stands

Hi All,

Can any USB-C adaptor work in charging the 950? Sorry for my ignorance but I have read that a lot of third party USB-C chargers don't perform well in fast charge, plus I always like to keep to OEM kit where possible.

I need to get a space mains charger and annoyingly MS Store UK doesn't seem to sell them separate to the handset. I do have the Display Dock which has both a USB-C mains adaptor and USB to USB-C cable in it which is for the dock, but I assume that these will work perfectly (i.e. same charging times, speeds etc). This option stops me from using the Display Dock but TBH I can not see me using it, but it was free with the £250 deal on the UK MS Store.

Also, I would like to get a desktop dock (ideally with charging option), to sit in my office. Again I see MS don't offer this themselves, so it is 3rd Party I go. Will any USB-C dock work fine?

Worst case, I will make one myself and use one of the spare USB to USB-C cables I have to fix into a home made dock.

Thanking you in advance.
Matt


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2eAv6Of
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment