Friday, October 27, 2017

W10M Battery Life Better on older Devices?

I have 4 devices all running W10M 15254.1
Lumia Icon - DD
Lumia 928
Lumia 822 - Glorified MP3 player
Samsung Ativ SE

and while the Lumia 822 is obviously the most sluggish running on W10M (though not by a lot) I've noticed the battery life is much better than on the other devices.
To prove this theory I had the Lumia 822 & Ativ SE sit idle and after 3 days the Lumia 822 still had 50% battery life draining at ~1.0%/hr...while the Ativ SE basically tapped out at a little over a day.
I also put all 4 devices through a multi-tasking test playing videos from YouTube @720p, music & had the maps application going & the 822 & 928 drained at ~10% while the quad core phones (Ativ & Icon) drained 20-25%.

Obviously there are various factors for this, but the biggest one to me seems to be the home/start screen. The 2 quad core phones have the bigger screen/more icons that seem to drain the phone more.

I'd be curious to know if anyone else has older devices or has observed this.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/2hfxRoe
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment