Saturday, May 28, 2016

HELP resetting 950xl and Restoring from Backup - WITH Micro SD Card

Hello. I have had a 950XL since day 1.
I'm planning to do a hard reset (to hopefully fix my Groove Error that nobody at MS is able to fix) but I have a few questions:

1) What is the best way to backup everything? I realize my pictures are in One Drive, but what about all APP data, my TXT messages, passwords and mainly TILES and settings?

2) I have been a GROOVE (MS Music) subscriber for a long time. My Groove app stopped working months ago on my 950XL and it kept giving me this ERROR: 0x8004c010. It works on my XBOX ONE, my wife's Iphone, but not on my 950XL This is why I want to reset. But I have been reluctant to do so for several reasons, but I am tired of no help from MS (nobody at MS could resolve this) so I am ready to pull the trigger BUT I have close to 300 songs downloaded on my Micro SD card from the Groove App:

a) SHOULD I remove the SD Card BEFORE resetting the phone?
b) If I do remove it before resetting, will Groove be able to read all my songs after restoring from Backup?
c) If I reset it with the SD card in the phone, will my SD Card also be reset/songs deleted? Will I have to re-download ALL 300 songs?

Please advise.


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/1NTMU3Q
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment