Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Key board problem

I could not get any of the symbols above the number keys to work on my HP desk top when I inadvertantly installed W10 - MS support fixed this by adding a language pac - it worked - sort of !!

But now when I type a question mark or quotation marks (and some other symbols ) in WORD EXCEL or gmail I get the following --- É - it looks like french accented e.

On my lap top there is an icon on the bottom task bar on the right side of the screen titled ENG XX (US etc)- if I have a similar problem on the lap top (it too has W10 unfortunately) I can select ENG US and the problem disappears. This usually happens after the lap top mysteriously changes languages to ENG DV - what ever that is.

I would solve the problem the same way on the desk top as I do for the lap top BUT there is no ENG XX icon in the bottom right task bar. I changed the language settings and selected ENG US as #1 language but it still happens --- any suggestions how to fix this glitch greatly appreciated


from Windows Central Forums http://ift.tt/1sPiC98
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment